Award of Merit - California State Fair

"You too I welcome", 24 x 30", Oil on canvas, Sold

Hi friends. We're back from our 5-week trip to beautiful Australia, where the beaches are stunningly gorgeous and the people are super-friendly. It was loads of fun. We spent most of our time along the Queensland coast, snorkeling, boogie-boarding, and just playing around. We spent 3 nights on a deserted island along the Great Barrier Reef. We were the only people there for the first two nights, and on the third day a friendly American couple showed up . . . and wouldn't you know, it turned out that they live in San Francisco, about 30 miles from us! I posted photos on my Facebook page. Feel free to 'friend me' if you want to take a look.

I have some good news to share. My painting "You too I welcome" was accepted into the California State Fair, and it won an Award of Merit. Click here to read my previous blog entry on this painting. The juror was Jack Ogden, Professor Emeritus, California State University, Sacramento. Jack Ogden has received numerous awards and honors over his career, and his work is in the permanent collections of many museums.

The California State Fair is being held August 21 - September 7 in Sacramento, CA. It looks like fun stuff to do for the whole family. If you go, please stop by the art exhibit and check out the paintings, sculptures, and clay and glass art. Click here for more details on the fair.

I'm glad to be back, and I'm glad you visited. Hope you're having a great summer!

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

 
© 2010 The Art vs. The Life Friend Link: