"City Flow" on the cover of a book!

Cover art is "City Flow" (Holly Van Hart, Oil on canvas, 20" x 24")

In June, quite to my surprise, I was contacted by Dr. Evangelia Psychogiopoulou, Research Fellow at the Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy in Athens, Greece. She found the image of "City Flow" on this blog, and made the following request, "My colleague, Dr Dia Anagnostou, and I have edited a book The European Court of Human Rights and the Rights of Marginalised Individuals and Minorities in National Context on the basis of the work carried out in the frame of a research project that was funded by European Commission. We very much liked your painting and we were wondering whether we could get your permission to use it as a cover for our book."

I was honored! I said yes, and a few emails were exchanged and an agreement made, and just this month the book was published. The image above shows my artwork on the book cover (on the right side of the image), and the text on the back of the book (on the left).

Isn't the internet amazing?! Now I feel that I have a new friend, a lawyer and researcher, who lives in Greece and who connected with me via my blog and email. A copy of her book is on its way to me now, and I definitely look forward to reading it. Thank you Dr. Psychogiopoulou!


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

 
© 2010 The Art vs. The Life Friend Link: