From 2007 - "Seven Pelicans"

"Seven Pelicans", Watercolor, 11" x 15", Sold

Thanks for visiting! While I'm on vacation in Australia, I've scheduled some blog postings from my animal series of watercolor paintings created in 2007.

Here's "Seven Pelicans". This painting was inspired by a photo I took on a family vacation in Mexico. We were enjoying a quiet morning on the beach, and a bunch of pelicans landed on a nearby fishing boat. They looked so contented and peaceful, which is just how we were feeling at that moment, so I snapped some photos.

Back in the studio, I found a photo I liked, cropped it, changed the contrast to suit my purposes, and got to work with watercolors and paper. I like to use colors creatively, as you may have noticed from this painting. The pelicans were actually brown, not purple as shown above.

Now "Seven Pelicans" is beautifully framed and hanging on a wall in Switzerland.


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

 
© 2010 The Art vs. The Life Friend Link: