Gone Fishing . . .

"Fishing" (detail), Watercolor, 2007




G'day, mates. My family and I decided (on fairly short notice) to head off to Australia for a vacation for a few weeks! So I'm gone fishing. Well, really I'm gone vacationing and painting.

I'm taking my paints and canvas panels, and plan to paint lots of Australian-inspired landscapes and abstract landscapes. We'll be traveling to remote locations (like the Outback), which means I may not be able to post any work along the way. Instead, I've scheduled blog postings of my previous watercolors, one each week, in the hopes that you'll keep visiting!

The painting above, "Fishing" is a watercolor completed a few years ago of my beautiful niece Kirsten. She's fishing in a little pond at my parents vacation summer home in New York. I took some photos of her there, and then painted this when I got back to my home in California. Now the original is hanging in my brother's home in New Jersey.

Thanks so much for visiting and for all your comments and support. Hope your summer's starting out to be a fun one.

Please come back next week to check out the next installment from my watercolor series!


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

 
© 2010 The Art vs. The Life Friend Link: